Kate Mariani (Nagatani) ’13

Nagatani.K

We are so excited that you are considering Grove City and we hope to be of assistance to you – both through sharing with you about this school as well as helping you navigate the college search and find the college that is your best fit!

At Grove City, you will find that the Christian faith and a commitment to Christ permeates the campus. Grove City doesn’t treat faith as simply a topic to be inserted into subjects. Instead, faith – the church, Scripture, a personal relationship with Christ – is considered the foundation FROM which learning occurs. It provides a framework of purpose, in which rich, rigorous intellectual curiosities can be fostered and pursued. This foundation overflows into community life on campus: Grove City values mentoring and discipleship so uniquely.

I continue to be blessed by the experiences, lessons and friendships that God graciously gave me at Grove City. God bless you in your college search! He is faithful and He will direct your steps.

Position:

Mid-West Regional Admissions Counselor

About Me:

Many ask why I chose to attend Grove City College. After all, why would anyone leave sunny San Diego? What drew me here is what kept me here winter after winter: the rich environment of faith and learning. As a student, I developed a love for my sociology major, served as a resident assistant, competed with Grove City’s varsity debate team, participated in a music ministry, and spent time as a Red Box missionary overseas in Honduras. I could not be more grateful for the opportunities the Lord blessed me with at Grove City to pursue education holistically.

Hometown:

San Diego, CA

Favorite Scripture Passage:

1 Corinthians 15

Favorite Memory from College:

Spending time with friends in the residence halls, enjoying conversation and many cups of tea. Going overseas on a Red Box missions trip to Honduras.

Hobbies:

Reading and writing, visiting coffee shops, spending time with loved ones, piano & accompanying choirs

Favorite Foods:

Yogurt, berries and granola; Green salads with feta cheese; Quinoa; Cheez-Its