Shaun Gendrue ’13

Position:

Admissions Counselor

Let me start by saying that I am excited that you are considering spending the next four years at this fine institution. Grove City College is a fantastic place to live and learn that has shaped the minds and hearts of students and employees for many years.

My four years as a student here at Grove City College instilled in me a passion for both the school and higher education and I am extremely excited to be able to assist others in exploring their post-secondary educational options. As a student, I was blessed with great relationships with my classmates and professors alike.  These relationships form the core of my passion for Grove City College and are a major reason I made the decision to return as a staff member. Of course, my relationships formed the core but wrapped around those are the quality of the education that I am confident I received.

Now that I have returned to the College as a staff member, I am still blessed by the community and camaraderie I experience with my coworkers and the students. My experiences here as a student and staff member are a testament to the Christian faith permeating the community and the classroom. My life has been impacted in such a way that I cannot help but do my best to assist others in achieving the same result: A degree from Grove City College.

As you begin and continue to walk the path of “the college search” I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Know that I am available to answer any questions about Grove City College or the college search in general; so please do not hesitate to ask!  Want to see what I’ve posted?  Click HERE.

About Me:

First and foremost, I am a Christ-follower. Following that, I am many things including an older brother of three younger sisters, officer in the NY Army National Guard, and son of two loving parents. I spent a lot of time looking at several different colleges and universities but I chose Grove City College for the same three reasons that the College prides itself on: Faith, Academics, and Affordability. Several years later, I can say without a doubt it was the best decision of my life.

I grew up with two dogs: Teddy and Rocky (I love dogs). I love all sports from Buffalo and consider myself a die-hard fan (sadly, I have died very hard over the past several seasons). I enjoy playing all sports. Lastly, I prefer the Oxford Comma.

Hometown:

Gasport, NY

Favorite Sports Teams:

As mentioned above, I love all sports from Buffalo including but not limited to: the Bills, Sabres, Bisons, Bandits, and Blitzers.  I also currently root for the Toronto Blue Jays (MLB affiliate of the Buffalo Bisons), Los Angeles Clippers (formally the Buffalo Braves), Colorado Rapids, and West Ham United FC.

Hobbies:

Reading, kayaking, hiking, camping, bonsai, swing/Latin dancing, collecting model ships, and whistling.