Welcome!

Hi Friends!

Welcome! We’re glad you’ve decided to join us on this journey as we walk with you, step-by-step, through the college search process. We remember how overwhelming it can feel to make such a life-impacting decision and how much uncertainty there is in the process. It doesn’t have to be like that! We want to help you feel confident about the decisions you make throughout this process and to be strategic about the colleges you pursue.

Allow us to introduce ourselves a little better:

Hello, my name is Shaun Gendrue and I hail from the small town of Gasport, NY about an hour north of Buffalo, NY. Graduating from Grove City College in May 2013, I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and am thrilled that I am now part of this campus community as a staff employee. My four years provided me a great education and a strong network of mentors and friends among students, faculty, and staff. I am passionate about assisting high school students find the right educational institution and am excited to be helping guide you through the admissions process.
Hola! My name is Evan Gruver and I am a native of Greenville, PA who graduated Grove City College in December 2013 with a degree in Economics. I also coach the Women’s Rugby team here at the college. I am thrilled to be back at my Alma Mater working full time as I spread the good news about Grove City College!
Hello!! My name is Kate Nagatani and I’m from San Diego, California. I have the privilege of getting to know students all over the west coast who are considering a possible (and maybe unexpected!) college adventure on the other side of the country. I graduated from Grove City College in 2013 and couldn’t be more thankful for the support, hospitality, and investment by the professors, staff, and students who comprised the blessing we get to call a campus community.
Hi! My name is Sarah Underwood and I am a Pittsburgh native who loves live music and good food. I graduated from Grove City College in 2014 and have been working as an Admissions Counselor since August 2014. My student experience at Grove City was wonderful, and I am continually benefiting from being part of this community.
Hello, my name is Paul Scheeser and I grew up in Western PA moving to the Southeast while attending Grove City. I truly am a unique individual in the fact that I love all things Pittsburgh, including the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, and Primanti Brothers, yet feel at home at a Southern BBQ (Just don’t serve me grits.) in my seersucker suit and bowtie. I’m married to my best friend and together we have two dogs. Outside of Jesus, these girls are the love of my life. I’m a retired Youth Pastor and could not think of a better place to continue my passion of helping students discern God’s call on their life than here at Grove City College.

So what topics are we going to cover in the coming months? Well, we believe it all starts with answering a few questions about yourself. We’ll give you some of those questions and help you think through how to answer them based on your past experiences and future hopes. Once you’ve gathered some information about yourself, we will teach you how to apply that information to the college search by identifying possible good fits and evaluating the quality of those institution’s programs. We’ll offer guidance on making the most of your college visits as well as education on the financial aid and application processes.

Please feel free to comment with questions, concerns, or helpful stories from your college search (we welcome funny stories too!). We hope this can be an interactive environment where you can learn from us and from your peers about how to best conduct your quest for the best fit.

Talk to you soon!

The Grove City College Admissions Counselors

, , , ,