Q&A with a Grover: Clayton Horn ’19

q-a

Grove City College has roughly 2500 students on campus, each of whom has come from a different background and has a different story to tell.  The series on Bridging the Gap, “Q/A with a Grover,” is created to share with you some of the unique experiences that have shaped our students.

Clayton Horn is a former public school student from Buffalo, MN.  He anticipates graduating from Grove City College in May 2019 with a BS in Mechanical Engineering.

Q: What has been your favorite experience at Grove City College to this point?

A: The best experience I’ve been a part of is getting to perform in the Freshmen Sing-Off between the different halls here on campus.  I’ve never really been one to sing, but when you do it with a great group of guys who want to see the best of you, there is no failing.

Q: Did you apply Early Decision or Regular Decision?  Why?

A: Early Decision.  I knew I wanted to come here ever since middle school when I first heard about the college and what it stands for. I also had the opportunity to see it when my oldest sister toured here.

Q: What made Grove City college your top choice?

A: The amazing Christian atmosphere which really pushes your faith, but it also has an ABET accredited program which is extremely hard to find at schools back home.

Q: Was there someone or something that helped your transition here?

A: Well, one has to acknowledge the wonderful job Orientation Board does at this college to push you to know new people, but also step outside your comfort zone a bit in an effort to make being away from home easier.  Editor’s Note: Orientation Board is a student-led organization that spends months preparing for the arrival of new students and organizes the events for new students during their Welcome Week before and during the first week of class.

Q: What are your current plans for after Grove City College?

A: As of right now, I’m not sure if I want to pursue graduate school or begin working within my field.

Q: How has your faith been influenced by your time at Grove City College?

A: Immensely, I’ve met so many inspiring people here who have reached out to me and pushed my faith to regions I never knew I could achieve.

Q: Where is your favorite place to do homework?

A: STEM Atrium.  In my personal opinion, it is one of the most beautiful buildings on campus.

Q: If you could give a high school junior or senior one piece of advice about searching for and applying to colleges, what would it be?

A: Think about what you want within a college, how many years you want to spend in college, the community of the college, and anything else you believe is important to you.  However, make sure you find the college which you feel at home at–so make sure you take a tour and get a feel for the place.

, , , , , , , , ,