graduation-995042_960_720

Thoughts from a Graduating Senior

Julie Dieffenbach is a winter graduate of Grove City, graduating in three and a half years, rather than four years. She is a Psychology major with a Business minor.

How did you graduate early?

I completed several heavier semesters, with 18 credits, rather than the normal 16 credits. In addition, I took a few intersession courses, which are courses that are offered in between the fall and spring semesters. I was surprised at how easy the process was to complete all of my required classes. The intersession courses were easily integrated into my normal schedule. I am glad that I was able to graduate early, because it saved me money and also allows me to get into the real world faster. I am extremely excited to get a job and enter into adulthood.

julie

What are some of your favorite things about Grove City?

I love my friends. Many of them I met three years ago, on my freshmen hall, and we are still extremely close today. In addition, I was able to be a part of Young Life, which was an awesome opportunity and ministry experience. I was a leader at Sharon Middle School, and was able to make many close friends within the community of Young Life. I also like how my relationships and opportunities helped me grow closer to God.

What was your favorite class that you took at Grove City?

My favorite class was Wellness Promotion and Programming. It is an Exercise Science class that I just took as an elective, but it turned out to be one of my favorite classes that I have ever taken! The class was taught by Professor DiDonato and taught me so much about leadership and good communication.

What are your plans for the future?

I’m moving back home to Downington, PA. I plan on continuing my ministry with Young Life there. I eventually want to be a guidance counselor at a high school or middle school. I’m excited for what the future holds, but am still sad to leave Grove City College. It is definitely a bitter-sweet transition.