Most of the excitement in Grove City, PA takes place on the college campus. There’s certainly no disputing that. However, although Grove City might seem a relatively sleepy town, there are many hidden gems that can make your off-campus experiences quite interesting. Here, we’ve collected the top ten destinations (more or less in the vicinity of the college) that you must visit before you graduate.
- Guthrie Theatre – Built in 1927, the old-timey Guthrie boasts a movie-viewing experience “where the atmosphere of the past and the technology of the present create memories for the future.” What’s not to love?
- Leesburg Falls – Just off a small road about 10 minutes from campus, you’ll find a beautiful waterfall just waiting to be explored. Visit in the summertime and you can wade in the pool at its base.
- Thrifty Threads – We all know college students are poor. Find amazing deals at this great thrift store that is always running deals. I mean, clothing there is regularly $.50, but it’s always nice to get ten items for $1.
- McConnells Mill State Park – With a spectacular gorge shaped by glaciers, the park provides ample space for whitewater boating, climbing, hiking and more.
- Emmett’s Orchard – Exploring Emmett’s makes for an excellent autumn Saturday jaunt. Although you can’t pick the fruit, you can certainly buy it. (Their honeycrisp apples are to die for!)
- Moraine State Park – Visit in August or September prepped to swim in the refreshing lake. Come with friends, games and a picnic.
- Grove City Outlets – Want a shopping excursion? People come all the way from Canada to visit the Outlets’ 140 stores, so you’re lucky to have them in your own backyard.
- Presque Isle State Park – A visit to Lake Erie’s beautiful beaches makes for a perfect Labor day excursion. Plus, entrance to the park is free!
- The Brewery – Located in quaint downtown Slippery Rock, The Brewery is a popular destination for students who have just turned 21. For those underage, the food is great too.
- Downtown Pittsburgh – Especially if you’re not from the Pittsburgh area, you have to visit the city at least once! You can attend a Pirates game, enjoy fine dining or see a show.
So there you go. Your off-campus experience doesn’t have to be dull–you just have to know where to go! For more ideas, visit the Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce Webpage.