How to Make the Most of Your College Experience

As a senior a few weeks before graduation, I look back at my four years at Grove City College and wonder how they went so fast. I found a family away from home, I participated in so many great projects and organizations and I had so many great late nights. I can barely fathom that this chapter in my life is coming to a close. So as I am leaving, I would like to give tips to those who do still have time about how to make the most of your college experience.

Get Involved

I know that you have probably heard this one before. Maybe this advice is so common because it is true. That is what I am going to go with. Most of my closest friends are not from my classes; they are instead from the organizations that I joined. This is a time when you can get involved in projects and organizations that truly interest you. If you spend all of your time sitting in your room, I can guarantee that you will not get as much out of college as your involved peers.

Study Hard

Does this sound boring? Maybe. However, I can tell you that you will be much more willing to give up some of your time later for fun things if you are not playing catch up from a poor grade earlier in the semester. Remember, ultimately you are called here to be a student. Do not take that lightly.

Invest in Friends

You may have some of these friends for life. These are the people who will be at your wedding and who will pick you up when you need help. When I leave this school in a few weeks, one of my greatest accomplishments will be finding such great people who help me grow and fostering the beautiful friendships with them that I often feel unworthy of.

Do Not Shy Away from Faith

Our College’s slogan is that, “Faith and Freedom Matter.” One of our goals is faith. I will look back on these four years knowing that they greatly impacted my faith and spirituality. Do not shy away from this part of our school. I leave here a better woman because of the ways I have grown in my faith. Students here are so lucky because we can discuss faith with our professors and friends. It is like we are in a huddle preparing ourselves for being lights in our future work forces.

I hope that these tips help you. These four years will be some of the best times of your life. Live them to the fullest.