One of my favorite events on campus is Fall Fest. It is exactly what it sounds like: a festival to kick off the fall season here at Grove City College. All the clubs, sororities, fraternities, and other organizations on campus make game booths in the Quad and you and your friends spend an entire afternoon wandering from booth to booth playing carnival games. To top off the fall experience, this year the student body government passed out caramel apples, popcorn, and other snacks. So here are some highlights from Grove City College’s 2020 Fall Fest.
- Bunnies. Bunnies. Bunnies. Most years, some wonderful club or organization brings a petting zoo to campus. Yes, a petting zoo. In effort to make Fall Fest a little more sanitary this year, the campus decided against a petting zoo. One club was a little more creative and decided to bring some small rabbits to Fall Fest this year. I cannot tell you how many times I heard the question, “Did you see the bunnies?” during Fall Fest. It was a big hit, and I think we are all excited to hang out with some bunnies again next fall.
- Duck Hunt. You have probably never heard of this game, but it is a Fall Fest favorite. Each player has a large bucket of assorted rubber ducks. When the person running the game shows you a rubber duck in a cowboy costume, you are on a mission to find the cowboy rubber duck in your bucket before your opponent can find a cowboy rubber ruck in their bucket.
- Egg Roulette. If you have ever played the card game Russian roulette, then you might have a good guess as to what this game is. Every game has four players, and each player smashes an egg against their forehead. Hopefully, your egg was hardboiled and you can earn tickets. Unfortunately there are losers in every game, and the loser in this game will end up with a face full of raw egg.
- Water Dunk. It is a classical carnival game and there is a good reason for that. There are not many other feelings as good as when you are the one to nail throwing the ball at the target so that a large bucket of water falls on some poor booth runner’s head.
- Bigfoot Run. This was a new booth to Grove City College’s Fall Fest. For this game, participants strapped on some massive feet and raced against one another to the finish line, while trying to not lose their toenails (some plastic balls attached to the giant feet). It was probably my favorite booth to watch.
Follow and like us: