Athletics at Grove City College

There are so many ways to find community at GCC, and one of those is by participating in varsity sports on campus. I played on the baseball team here at GCC, and that was a great way for me to find an instant community and friends on campus. A couple of the questions that I would get were if I had time for other things on campus, and what the commitment level is for sports at the Grove. I am going to try my best to give you some perspective on what it is like to be an athlete on campus and what else you can do while at Grove City.

Do you have time for anything else on campus?

As an athlete, there are many opportunities to get involved on campus, both within the athletic department and outside of it as well. While playing baseball, I participated in Greek life, Orientation Board, Homecoming committee, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. You have a lot of time throughout the season and the offseason to participate in many things on campus, that way you are not just subject to one activity during your time at college.

What is the commitment level like?

The majority of athletes on campus have a practice every day and then will have a time set to go to the gym and lift with your team. However, there are activities that each team will do for team building, which can help with gaining a great community early in your college career. As for the commitment level of collegiate athletes, I am a firm believer that you will get what you put into it. No matter what you invest in on-campus you can gain a great community and get a lot out of it. If you decide to put all of your time into your team and sport then you will get a lot out of it, but if you want to prioritize other things while playing sports that is definitely possible as well. Grove City athletics are great, and when you participate in them then you will have a community that you will cherish for a long time.